Did you know that over 80% of the population is interested in organization?
According to a 2011 survey by the brand Rubbermaid:
91% of people surveyed said they were overwhelmed at least some of the time by the clutter in their house!
- 88% wanted less clutter
- nearly 1/2 wouldn’t invite their friends over to see their home
- 1/3 said they didn’t even know how to reduce clutter
- 57% reported feeling “stressed”
- 42% were “more anxious”
when their house was unorganized or cluttered. Others got so disgusted at the condition of their home that they:
- wanted to “run away from the room”
- felt their clutter was “insurmountable”
Moms with children in the home have a particularly hard time:
- 90% said they wanted less clutter
- 60% felt stressed about it
The more kids, the higher the stress:
- 91% with three or more children wanted less clutter
- nearly 1/3 (29%) said their kids were the top barrier to de-cluttering their home
“It’s clear from the survey that people know they can make a difference in organizing their home but are feeling overwhelmed and need help getting started and staying motivated,” said Virginia Murray, Rubbermaid’s Director of Marketing.
The biggest challenge that a lot of moms face with disorganization, is knowing where to start.
The thought of organizing an overwhelming amount of clutter can feel like a very daunting task, requiring an unknown amount of time.
Busy moms have enough responsibility as it is, so how are they supposed to go about getting an entire house organized?
I know first-hand, what it’s like to feel overwhelmed with clutter. With three young children, I quickly experienced the challenge of maintaining a clean and tidy home.
I also realized the negative effects that clutter and disorganization had on me and my family.
By creating a system, I learned how to:
- Overcome the frustration of clutter
- Overcome the tension within my family
- Overcome the constant struggle of staying on top of all the household responsibilities
After speaking with dozens of moms like like me, I decided that it was time to help mamas to take control of their homes too.
I’m a Professional Organizer and Momprenuer with a passion for all-things organizing.
I offer an online coaching program, based on what has helped me to overcome clutter and disorganization in my own home, with systems that help me to manage my household efficiently.